Tuesday, May 3, 2011

7 miles!

Wahoo!  My family and I biked 7 miles on Sunday, according to Google Maps.  We started from home and biked along the coast at Lincoln Park, up Beach Rd, and almost to Alki.

We decided to stop for a picnic, and realized that while we could go on, the kids needed to head home.  Likely story, I know.  "Sure" you say, the "kids" needed to go home.  I felt so energized while biking!  There were 2 hills that I had to walk a bit of, but otherwise it was pretty flat for Seattle.  Luckily Ky had found a way to the coast/Lincoln Park that was through a residential area and avoided the few hills that we normally would have to go up.  Happy day for me!  Poor Gav was out by the time we got home.


Sunday was truly a great day.  The kids loved it, the hubby loved biking and I was a happy mama/wife/human!  Ky mentioned that he was looking to do something to his bike in which I replied "Road trip to Clever Cycles!!!"  But he decided that whatever it was that he thought he needed he didn't.  Bummer.  At least I can count on my great friend Madi, (http://familyride.wordpress.com/) to take another trip there, maybe even on the train with bikes!!  I think Portland is a bit more flat than here....

On a side note, I have been meaning to add to my previous note/blurb about Seattle Electric Bike.  Although, not able to help me due to my really small bike, they were uber helpful and nice when trying to figure out a system for me.  Even had me email a pic of my bike before coming in and then brainstormed on it for a week.  That was just awesome.  I had to let people know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment